Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 35: Moving right along

 Things are coming right along in the 'garden'.
The gravel bed is by far my best hope for success right now.  I have a very good feeling this has to do with the fact that these plants were sewn right into the gravel and never moved.  I'm going to try to re-seed the basket planters in the lower chamber and see how those plants do if I just sew them and leave them alone.  I hypothesize they will do much better.

Also, it just now occurred to me that it would have been a good idea to take pictures with a ruler next to the plants so you could actually tell how big they were at each stage.
Oh, well.  Next time.  Live and learn.

35


35

35


35


35

3 comments:

  1. Hello, You are on the right track. My name is Ron. I am looking at aquaponices as a business. I live in Miami, FL but grew up in Kansas. What universtiy are you attending?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your doing medium-less make sure you filter the input to the bed with a pantyhose to remove the suspended solids that cling to the plant roots and suffocate them.

    Lazyfisherman

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are multiple filters in my system. Suspended solids are not a problem. Also, for right now I'm not worrying too much about the media-less chamber because I need to get more lighting first.

    I am at UW Green Bay.

    ReplyDelete