Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 43: Nearing Judgement Day

Believe it or not, I have not actually eaten any of my lettuce yet.  Wrong, so very wrong.  I know.
In fact, I haven't paid much attention to my 'garden' at all.  I feed the fish when I feed the cats (and I must say - thank god I feed the cats in the same room or I probably would forget that, too).  All I've really done is take some pictures on the weekends.  Other than that, the system really seems to be running itself.  This is a major plus, especially for the convenience of small scale home growing.  (but don't tell my fish that - I think they want to go back in the pond in spring)

 I plan to perform my 'blind taste testing' (which, by the way does not mean I'm going to poke anybody's eyes out) on Thanksgiving.  I'm at least fairly confident my family will willingly participate in my experiment, and I know at least my mother will be brutally honest (she is fully prepared to set off the alarm bells if anything should taste even the least bit 'fishy').

I'll elaborate even more on the taste testing once I come up with an evaluation technique and pick the 'competition lettuce' at the grocery store.  Yes, I know Thanksgiving is only two days away!

Oh, the PRESSURE!! 

Until then, have a look-see at the day 43 pictures.  (again, with no ruler - I'm working on it, I swear)

42

42

42

42
Not real sure what's going on with the basil.  It doesn't appear to be too thrilled with the environment I have provided for it.

42


Well, if I don't post before Thanksgiving - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
(and wish me luck)

No comments:

Post a Comment