Thursday, November 26, 2009

Rave Reviews!

Testing day was a success!

For the test, I made a mix of my two home grown varieties and bought some organic lettuce from the grocery store.  The three test groups consisted of a) Wild Harvest Organic spring mix lettuce, b) a mixture of the purchased lettuce and my lettuce, and c) my lettuce only.
*For the mixture (group b), I picked out only certain varieties of lettuce from the spring mix and mixed them with my two varieties*

Photobucket


The 'competition'.

Photobucket

Apparently, Wild Harvest needs to work on the flavor of their lettuce.  It did not get great reviews.

Photobucket

The Wild Harvest lettuce group was described as:  bitter, salty, and just plain not the best.
The mixture of both was actually the favorite group.  I can't say whether or not this was because of my lettuce or because of the varieties I picked out of the Wild Harvest lettuce. 
My lettuce was the second favorite.  This is more than satisfying for me.  The butterhead variety was the favorite among the two I grew, and both were tasty.  I was assured that positively no 'fishy' flavor was detected.  FANTASTIC!  (I would have been happy even if my lettuce had not ranked highly, just as long as it wasn't deemed *funky* in any way.) 

Photobucket

A big THANK YOU to all who participated in the lettuce tasting study!!

*all faces have been conceiled to protect the identities of participants in the event of backlash from the Wild Harvest lettuce people after their poor reviews*  

HA!  I crack myself up sometimes.    ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment